What would it mean if you got a botched hair transplant? Hair standing unnaturally straight up, poor hair follicle survival rate, scarring, pain, damage to the donor area ruining the possibility of a future transplant… the list goes on.
The motivation for getting a hair transplant is to look good, as well as improving confidence and self-esteem. So why do people risk having a cheap procedure when so much relies on achieving an aesthetically pleasing and natural looking result?
False promises from sub-par clinics is one reason, another is that people suffering from psychological stress caused by hair loss may have a ready-for-anything mindset to try alleviate their suffering.
The most important step is to speak with a hair loss expert first to understand the cause of your hair loss and to discuss the various treatment options available to you.
If you suffer from hair loss, answer these 3 questions to discover the best treatment option for you.
Warning signs to look out for
When researching your hair restoration options, there are some things that you need to prioritise to ensure the best result.
A bad hair transplant can look just as bad as a bad wig. To save cost, some clinics use technicians rather than doctors and even worse, they can use two technicians to do the implantation so you end up with half a head of hair on one angle and the other half on a slightly different angle.
Care of the follicles
Taking the utmost care of the follicles during extraction and implantation affects the survival rate. The handling of the follicles should be minimal and they should be stored in a growth solution whilst waiting for implantation.
Care of the donor area
Scarring in the donor area poses two significant issues. Firstly, the scar may be visible under short hair, and secondly, the damage may result in too few follicles being available for use if a second transplant is needed in the future.
Why choose Gro
1) Procedures done by a certified medical team
Our team of registered doctors and nurses go through rigorous training to gain their Gro hair transplant certifications.
2) Minimum handling of hair follicles, results in high survival rate
- Constantly achieving over 90% survival rate, versus industry rates that fluctuate between 50-90%.
- Less donor hairs needed. This is important as only the surviving hair is worth paying for.
3) Precise Follicle Placement – the most delicate hair transplant method
- No scalpels
- No stitches
- Virtually pain free
- No detectable scarring
- Short recovery time
- Gro is the only hair transplant provider in Australia to use HypoThermosol™ in hair transplant procedures, bringing the survival rate of hair follicles up to 100%.
5) Seamless and undetectable results
- Implantation of the hair follicles happens with a special implanter tool, which allows for full control of the placement and angle of the implanted hair, unlike any other hair transplant technique.
- Your hairline will be designed to look natural, age-appropriate and suitable to your features. The hair will be implanted to reflect your natural hair growth patterns for seamless results.
Don’t risk a bad hair transplant as it may cost you more than just the price of the procedure. To speak with a hair loss expert today, simply click on one of the buttons below to book a consultation or ask a question.
Alternatively, you can give us a call on 1300 787 563.