Suddenly discovering a bald spot on your scalp can be distressing. Sometimes we imagine the worst. Slowly progressing bald spots can also cause concern. A variety of hormonal and medical conditions can cause both permanent and temporary hair loss. Before you go rushing to the chemist to try the first product you see for hair loss, the first and most important step is to get a correct diagnosis for your bald spot(s) from a hair loss expert. For example, there’s no use applying a hair loss solution to ringworm! In this article we discuss how to fix bald spot in hair.
A private consultation with a hair loss expert will give you a correct diagnosis for what’s causing the bald spots and whether you have permanent solution like a hair transplant or temporary hair loss. You will then have the information you need for the right solution. If you suffer from hair loss, answer these 3 questions to discover the best treatment option for you.
What Causes Bald Spots?
- Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disorder that causes patchy hair loss when the body’s immune system wrongly attacks hair follicles.
- Trichotillomania is a hair-pulling condition that results in bald patches.
- Ringworm is a scalp infection that causes round areas of hair loss.
- Stress can lead to loss of hair in clumps.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments that cause damage to the follicles or pull the hair tight can cause bald spots. Scarring can cause the loss to be permanent.
Hair loss, thinning hair and a receding hairline can be caused by factors such as hereditary, age, significant weight loss, certain medications, radiation therapy, certain medical conditions and hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy.
Prevention & Solutions
Hair loss and balding caused by genetics cannot be prevented, however the process can be prolonged to reduce the rate of hair loss. Gro microsurgery offers a permanent solution to female and male pattern baldness, where the healthy hair follicles are delicately transplanted to bald or thinning areas. This solution can be used to correct hair loss on most areas of the body.
Tips to help avoid preventable types of hair loss:
- Avoid compulsively rubbing, twisting or pulling your hair.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull the hair tightly or in the same area or direction constantly.
- Be gentle with your hair, don’t pull a brush forcefully through wet or tangled hair and don’t use harsh chemical or hot treatments.
- Avoid medications that cause hair loss.
- Reduce stress and stop smoking.
Book Your Consultation
To find out what’s causing your bald spots, the first step is to book a consultation with a Gro hair growth specialist in Brisbane, Gold Coast Sydney or Melbourne. During your private consultation, you will receive a correct diagnosis for your hair loss and the opportunity to discuss the various treatment options, customised to your particular condition.
Simply click below to book a consultation online or you can call us on 1300 787 563.
For local information and your closest Gro clinic see: